VDU Instructor & Assessor Training
This is a one-day course designed to enable the course participants to perform risk assessments in the use, ergonomics and management of VDU’s in the office and to fulfill their statutory obligations in this regard.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- List the duties defined in the General Applications Regulations 2007, Chapter 5 Display Screen Equipment
- Understand the factors that constitute an assessment: equipment, work area, work posture, noise, glare, work chair, heat, humidity, lighting, manual handling etc.
- Understand ergonomic factors and VDU workstation layout: area – minimum requirements, housekeeping, clutter and trip hazards.
- Appreciate the postural implications of VDU workstations and the implications of work-related musculo-skeletal problems or diseases
- Carry out VDU workstation assessments and advise operators on safe methods of work
Enjoyed it and well presented
Great course, well explained
Tutor was very articulate and approachable. Excellent course
Everyone was given a chance to express anything they were confused about
Gave me confidence in what I am doing
Was excellent to try out the fire extinguishers
Course was excellently presented
Very easy to listen to, covered all areas very well
Health & Safety
Warning: Graphic Content
Working at heights
How not to work at heights